The Dooly County Board of Assessors is accepting applications for a full time Appraiser I, with the goal of advancing to Appraiser III. The applicant must be 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license and must pass a Drug Screening and Criminal background check.
Job responsibilities will include:
– Working outdoors
– Locating, identifying, and characterizing residential, rural and commercial properties
– Measuring and sketching buildings
– Assisting compilation and analysis of all data used to value properties in the county
– Data entry
– Operating a motor vehicle
– Meeting with taxpayers to answer questions or resolve problems
– Travelling out of town for up to one week for professional training
Applicant must possess:
Some skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Applicant
Must successfully complete Appraiser 1 certification within 1 year of hire date, with education provided by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to relate to staff, taxpayers and the public.
Paid holidays, annual leave, sick leave, health insurance, retirement benefits and paid professional education.
Salary increases will be given with each increase in appraiser certification and good job performance. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Applications may be attained from the Dooly County Commissioners office, the Dooly County Tax Assessor’s office or the Dooly County website: www.doolycountyga.com. Please attach a resume with the returned application. Applications will continue to be accepted until vacancy is filled. Dooly County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.